How well do you know your geography? Take out quiz and find out! Good luck, smarty pants…
- The beaver is the national emblem of what country?
- Which mountain is nicknamed the “Savage Mountain”?
a) Mount Everest
- What is the driest place on Earth?
a) Kufra, Libya
b) McMurdo, Antarctica
c) Atacama Desert
d) Sahara Desert
- Which African nation has the most pyramids?
- What is the oldest city in the world?
- Which US state has the most active volcanoes?
- What is America’s largest city by surface area?
a) New York
c) Los Angeles
- What is the capital of Turkey?
- What is the flattest US state?
- What is the national river of Russia?
How many do you think you got correct? Answers are below…
- C) Canada
- B) K2 is known as the Savage Mountain due to the extreme difficulty. It has the 2nd highest fatality rate, about one person dies on the mountain for every four who summit.
- B) McMurdo, Antarctica
- A) Sudan. It’s the home to over 200 pyramids, more than twice that of Egypt
- A) Damascus
- C) Alaska. There are about 169 volcanoes in the US that scientists consider active. Most of these (approx. 130) are located in Alaska.
- B) Yakutat, AK. Located on a glacier-surrounded bay in southern Alaska, Yakutat may only have 660 residents, but it’s six times as big as Rhode Island.
- C) Ankara
- B) Florida (bet you thought it was Kansas)
- D) Volga. Eleven of the twenty largest cities in Russia are in the Volga’s drainage basin.