“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” -Aristotle
We all want to be happy, but how much do we really know about happiness?
Here are some neat facts to get you thinking and, well, happy!
1. Happiness can boost your immune system.
People who have more positive emotions are less likely to develop the common cold. (click here to view the study)
2. Happiness can alleviate pain.
3. Doing good for others means doing good for yourself.
Performing good deeds is one of the fastest ways to get some happiness into our own lives.
4. Your genes and family upbringing account for only half of your happiness levels.
5. Your outlook on life, and what you choose to do with your life accounts for 40 percent of your happiness levels.
6. Only 10 percent of your happiness comes from external circumstances.
7. Floral scents can make you happy.
Those who are exposed to floral scents are about three times as likely to be happy.
8. The more you hug your children, the happier they will be as adults.
9. By exercising for 20 minutes, three days a week, your happiness will increase by 10 to 20 percent after six months.
10. Happiness fuels success.
Contributed by Emma Guerena, Marketing Intern Steadfast Management