Here are some fun facts about food that will blow your mind… boom !
1. Apples belong to the rose family, as do pears and plums.
2. Oklahoma’s state vegetable is the watermelon.
3. One of the most popular pizza toppings in Brazil is green peas.
4. Store bought 100% “real” orange juice is 100% artificially flavored.
5. The Dunkin’ Donuts in South Korea offer doughnut flavors such as Kimchi Croquette and Glazed Garlic.
6. A Cinnabon Classic has less sugar than a 20-oz. bottle of Pepsi.
7. Humans are born craving sugar.
8. Mcdonald’s sells 75 hamburgers every second of every day.
9. No matter what color Fruit Loop you eat, they all taste the same.
10. The popsicle was invented by an 11-year-old in 1905.
11. One of the most hydrating foods to eat is the cucumber, which is 96% water.
12. Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
13. One fast food hamburger may contain meat from 100 different cows.
14. Central Appalachia’s tooth decay problem is referred to as Mountain Dew mouth, due to the beverage’s popularity in the region.
15. Pound cake got its name from its original recipe, which called for a pound each of butter, eggs, sugar, and flour.
16. Pringles once had a lawsuit trying to prove that they weren’t really potato chips.
17. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
18. Potatoes can absorb and reflect Wi-fi signals.
19. Fruit snacks and cars are coated in the same type of wax.
20. Honey will never go bad
21. Most wasabi is actually just dyed horseradish.
22. Grapes will explode if you put them in the microwave.
23. Processed cheese was invented in Switzerland, not America.
24. In the US, lettuce is the second most popular fresh vegetable.
25. Chocolate was once used as a currency.
Contributed by Emma Guerena, Marketing Intern Steadfast Management