How happy are you? Test your emotional intelligence quotient (EQ) with a happiness quiz.
1. You’re either naturally happy or not.
2. Which country ranks No.1 in life satisfaction?
3. Negative emotions are more powerful than positive emotions.
4. In general, happy people do NOT…
a. Express gratitude, forgiveness, and kindness
b. Get regular exercise and good sleep
c. Have higher incomes or higher intellect than most
d. Savor joy and practice optimism and self-actualization
5. The happiest people in the United States live…
a. In the Northeast
b. In the South
c. On the West Coast
d. In the Midwest
6. You are more likely to be unhappy if you live in California.
7. At what age are people the happiest?
8. Which pair of chemicals is NOT used by the body to feel good?
a. Endorphins and tryptophan
b. Serotonin and dopamine
c. Cortisol and prolactin
d. Oxytocin and vasopressin
9. why does music make you happy?
a. It gets your mind off other things
b. It causes your brain to release dopamine
c. It activates both your right and left brain
10. Not letting yourself be sad is one of the keys to long-term happiness.
11. What does more to boost your own sense of happiness?
12. “Hedonophobia,” “hedonism,” and “hedonist” come from the Greek word for…
13. What do laughter and comedy do for the human body?
a. Boost your immune system
b. Help you lose weight
Sources | Reviewed by Carol DerSarkissian on November 13, 2017
Contributed by Emma Guerena, Marketing Intern Steadfast Management