A table full of turkey, corn, stuffing and cranberries can only mean one thing: Thanksgiving! Test your knowledge of Thanksgiving with this quiz.
1. Thanksgiving occurs on the…
a. Fourth Thursday in November
b. Third Thursday in November
c. November 26 each year
d. November 22 each year
2. Approximately how many turkeys are eaten each year on Thanksgiving in the US?
a. 300 million
b. 280 million
c. 100 million
d. 500 million
3. The Pilgrims sailed on the …..
a. Santa María
b. New World
c. La Niña
4. The First Thanksgiving took place in Plymouth, Mass. in what year?
5. Which of these teams played in the first NFL football game on Thanksgiving in 1934?
a. New York Giants
b. Detroit Lions
c. Washington Redskins
d. Dallas Cowboys
6. Macy’s was the first department store to sponsor a parade in celebration of Thanksgiving.
7. Which state was the first to make Thanksgiving a yearly occasion before it became a national holiday?
c. New Hampshire
d. New York
8. What food did the Indians contribute to the First Thanksgiving?
9. The Greek goddess of Corn is…
10. In Canada, they celebrate Thanksgiving in what month?
Contributed by Emma Guerena, Marketing Intern Steadfast Management